Re: Transform 3d 2 2d variable

From: Mary Haley <haley_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Mon Dec 12 2011 - 12:27:00 MST

Vanesa,

You either need to only request one time step:

> hr = wrf_user_getvar(a,"rh",0) ; relative humidity at first time step

 or else subscript "hr" accordingly before you call gsn_csm_xy. You didn't include the code for how you are trying to call gsn_csm_xy, so this is just a guess:

   plot = gsm_csm_xy(wks,x,hr(0,:,:),res) ; plot only first time step

You can also interpolate a 3D to a 2D variable using an input plane. See wrf_user_intrp3d:

http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Document/Functions/WRF_arw/wrf_user_intrp3d.shtml

--Mary