Re: Memory Leak sending array to procedure that wraps gsn_csm_contour_map_ce

From: Mary Haley <haley_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Mon May 14 2012 - 09:26:45 MDT

Hi William,

NCL V5.1.1 is almost 3 years old. We have fixed many memory leaks since then, especially in NCL V6.0.0 where we extensively ran valgrind on the code to test for memory leaks.

When we get a chance, we'll try to see if there are memory leaks with the current version (NCL 6.1.0-beta, to be released soon) on your code.

You shouldn't need administrative access to install NCL yourself. You can install NCL anywhere on your computer, including anywhere under your home directory.

You then just need to make sure that the NCARG_ROOT environment variable is pointing to the correct directory, and that $NCARG_ROOT/bin is on your search path.

--Mary