Re: Do loops overwriting inner loops

From: Dennis Shea <shea_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Sat Jun 30 2012 - 11:50:18 MDT

> 1. how can I stop my loops overwritting each other?
>
> 2. am I using the dim_numrun_n correctly as it is giving me decimal
> output on my plot scale and I would of anticipated whole numbers.
==
It is providing "decimal output" because you let NCL determine
the graphical min/max and spacing. The spacing may not be what you want.
I suggest you manually specify

   res@cnLevelSelectionMode = "ManualLevels" ; manual contour levels
   res@cnMinLevelValF = 1 ; set min contour level
   res@cnMaxLevelValF = 10 ; set max contour level
   res@cnLevelSpacingF = 1 ; set contour spacing

> 3. is there any way of splitting the output of "unique runs" so I can
> get the total number of 1 day cold spells, 5 day cold spells, 20 days
> cold spells, again at each grid point?

The time subscript index can access the (say) 5 day runs, that (I think)
would be 4 [check that out]. Then dim_num_n (_Wrap) can be used to count
the total number across one or more dimensions.