Re: Stereographic Plot - Print Lat Coordinates

From: Mary Haley <haley_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Mon Jul 23 2012 - 09:21:25 MDT

Hi Hassan,

Unfortunately, there's no way to automatically get latitude coordinates for a polar stereographic plot.
For the type of plot you have, NCL only produces longitude labels on the tickmarks.

If you just want some latitude labels directly on the plot, you can use gsn_add_text to attach them yourself.
Please see example mapgrid_6.ncl at:

http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/mapgrid.shtml#ex6

--Mary