Re: MJO Phase diagram

From: gibies george <gibies_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Thu Aug 16 2012 - 23:27:44 MDT

Abhik,

As far as I understood you want to make a panel plot. So try work on this
template logic.

begin

  wks = gsn_open_wks(pltType, pltPath) ; open workstation
  gsn_define_colormap(wks,"radar_1")
  plot=new(10,graphic)

do .......................

end do

 plist=(/0,1,............./)
 resP@gsnPanelRowSpec = True
 gsn_panel(wks,plot(plist),(/3,3,....../),resP)

end

Since I don't have experience in using "Wheeler-Kiladis diagrams" I cannot
help you further.

Anyway Thanks Dennis Shea and Mary Haley for your comments and supports.

Regards

Gibies George

On 17 August 2012 01:45, Mary Haley <haley@ucar.edu> wrote:

> Abhik,
>
> I do finally see where the dependency comes in on the "n" do loop. Still,
> however, you should not be creating "wks" or "plot" inside the do loop,
> because you will clobber both of these every time.
>
> My suggestion is to move at least these three lines:
>
> wks = gsn_open_wks(pltType, pltPath) ; open workstation
> gsn_define_colormap(wks,"radar_1")
>
> plot = mjo_phase_background(wks, opt) ; generic phase space
> backgrou
>
> to above the line:
>
> do n=0,9
>
> You will also need to move these two lines:
>
> draw(plot)
> frame(wks)
>
> to after the very last "end do" (the one for "do n").
>
> If you still continue to have problems, then you will need to provide your
> data and new version of the script.
>
> --Mary
>
> On Aug 16, 2012, at 1:38 PM, Abhik Santra wrote:
>
> > Hello,
> >
> > I want to draw a single plot for all the 10 years data. Mary
> suggested that I should not use the "do loop". However, I put the call
> workstation only inside the loop and the plot call outside following
> earlier suggestion. But it doesn't solve my problem. The pc1 and pc2
> variables for each year are required to store separately. I am not an
> expert in NCL. So please help me to solve the problem.
> >
> > regards,
> > Abhik

*Gibies George,
CSIR-Senior Research Fellow,*
*Monsoon Group,
Climate and Global Modelling Division,
Indian Institute of Tropical Meteorology,
Dr. Homi Bhabha Road,
NCL (P. O.), Pashan,
Pune 411008, India.
Tel. Off. +912025904306*