Re: Query about uv2dvG_Wrap and gradsg

From: Hobbs, Will R (3244-Affiliate) <William.R.Hobbs_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Fri Sep 07 2012 - 16:22:24 MDT

Soumik

The following NCL help page describes the difference between various
commonly-used grid types:

http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Document/Functions/sphpk_grids.shtml#GaussianGrids

If I recall correctly, CAM3.0 output is on a fixed rather than a Gaussian
grid (in particular the latitude are equally evenly spaced throughout the
domain).

Try using uv2dvF_Wrap() and gradsf() functions.

Will

Will Hobbs, Ph.D. William.R.Hobbs@jpl.nasa.gov
Jet Propulsion Laboratory
4800 Oak Grove Dr. office: 300-324a