Re: NGDOTS Warning

From: Jinqing LIU <liujq_0912_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Fri Nov 09 2012 - 03:48:56 MST

The problem is solved after adding
      1) set vcMinMagnitudeF to a value > 0.5.
Thanks very much !!

-JinQ

--
JinQing  LIU                M.S.
Room 418, College of Physical and Environmental

At 2012-11-09 07:46:58,"David Brown" <dbrown@ucar.edu> wrote:
Hi JinQ,
I apologize for not getting to this sooner, but it appears your data file is no longer on the ftp site. I am assuming it is called f2010.grib2. Can you put it there again? Without running your code
I can tell you that I am pretty sure that the message comes from the vector code trying to draw a "calm circle" (wind speed <  0.5). It uses a low-level routine called NGDOTS to do this.
The error  is due to a limitation of this routine that does not allow it to be used with a log-scaled plot (either or both axes). I have not yet had a chance to look into whether this can be fixed. Possible workarounds are:
1) set vcMinMagnitudeF to a value > 0.5. This will prevent the calm circle from being drawn.
2) Assuming the Y Axis has a log scale, you could try setting the resource trYLog to False in order to make the Y Axis linear. Or set trYReverse to False in order to disable the "mirror-imaging". You could adjust for this by reversing the data itself using subscripting syntax v(::-1,:) would reverse the Y axis of the data.
3) Use another vector glyph style.
 -dave