Re: Question about overlaying WRF plot on non-WRF plot [Was: (no subject)]

From: Merrill Bean <mrbean_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Fri Nov 16 2012 - 13:24:57 MST

Hi Mary, I got labels on the plot using the text functions, see the image, the previous images were made with the attached code. In raster_317_318.ncl I set: res@tiMainString=lb where lb is a string variable with the label. The wrf_PressureLevel1.ncl uses res@MainTitle = sprinti("REAL-TIME WRF interp level %i",level) to label the plots. I have both set in the overlay plot (combcimwrf.ncl) and the labels only print because of the text function calls. and I get lots of warnings about invalid resources Variable: lb Type: string Total Size: 8 bytes 1 values Number of Dimensions: 1 Dimensions and sizes: [1] Coordinates: (0) 2012-03-20_00:00:00 Level ( 13 ) 600.5 hPA warning:tmEqualizeXYSizes is not a valid resource in map at this time warning:cnFillOn is not a valid resource in pdust_vector at this time warning:mpProjection is not a valid resource in pdust_vector at this time warning:gsnLeftStringOrthogonalPosF is not a valid resource in pdust_vector at this time warning:gsnStringFontHeightF is not a valid resource in pdust_vector at this time warning:gsnRightStringOrthogonalPosF is not a valid resource in pdust_vector at this time warning:cnFillMode is not a valid resource in pdust_vector at this time warning:mpLimitMode is not a valid resource in pdust_vector at this time warning:mpMinLonF is not a valid resource in pdust_vector at this time warning:mpMaxLonF is not a valid resource in pdust_vector at this time warning:mpMinLatF is not a valid resource in pdust_vector at this time warning:mpMaxLatF is not a valid resource in pdust_vector at this time warning:cnInfoLabelOn is not a valid resource in pdust_vector at this time warning:cnLineLabelsOn is not a valid resource in pdust_vector at this time warning:cnLevelSelectionMode is not a valid resource in pdust_vector at this time warning:cnMinLevelValF is not a valid resource in pdust_vector at this time warning:cnMaxLevelValF is not a valid resource in pdust_vector at this time warning:mpLambertMeridianF is not a valid resource in pdust_vector at this time warning:mpLambertParallel1F is not a valid resource in pdust_vector at this time warning:mpLambertParallel2F is not a valid resource in pdust_vector at this time warning:mpGridAndLimbOn is not a valid resource in pdust_vector at this time warning:mpFillOn is not a valid resource in pdust_vector at this time warning:mpGridLineDashPattern is not a valid resource in pdust_vector at this time warning:mpPerimOn is not a valid resource in pdust_vector at this time warning:cnLinesOn is not a valid resource in pdust_vector at this time warning:mpDataBaseVersion is not a valid resource in pdust_vector at this time warning:mpGeophysicalLineColor is not a valid resource in pdust_vector at this time warning:mpUSStateLineColor is not a valid resource in pdust_vector at this time warning:mpDataSetName is not a valid resource in pdust_vector at this time warning:mpInlandWaterFillColor is not a valid resource in pdust_vector at this time It is plotting what I need so its not urgent. If you can point me to the right example , I'll keep working on it. Thanks, Merrill Exactly which labels are you talking about, and how are you putting them on the plot? It would help to see some code. Thanks, --Mary On Nov 15, 2012, at 8:41 AM, Merrill Bean wrote: > Hi Mary, > Thanks, that was it. Sorry about the no subject line. > I'm not getting labels on the plots, when I overlay plots, I'm guessing the labels > need to be on the top layer? I actually put the label on both layers, but its not > displayed. I'll keep trying, maybe some of the text functions? > Thanks, > Merrill > > ______________________