Problem with reshape

From: Claire Carouge <c.carouge_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Mon Dec 10 2012 - 17:04:12 MST

Hi,

I am trying to use the reshape function using NCL v6.1.0-beta.
I want to reshape an array of strings and I get the following error message:
fatal:Argument type mismatch on argument (0) of (reshape) can not coerce
fatal:["Execute.c":7556]:Execute: Error occurred at or near line 4 in file test.ncl

See the toy program attached.

So I'm not sure if this is a bug or if the manual needs to be modified to restrict to numeric types, since the manual says:
val

A multi-dimensional array of any type.

Regards,
Claire Carouge