Re: figure resolution

From: Will Hobbs <Will.Hobbs_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Thu Jan 03 2013 - 17:05:09 MST

Guiting

You can adjust the resolution using the workstation resources 'wkPSResolution' or 'wkPDResolution' (depending on output file type), but since their default is 1800 dpi you really don't need to.

http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Document/Graphics/Resources/wk.shtml

(Disclaimer: this is NOT an NCL function…)

If you're converting your NCL postscript/PDF output to a different format for publication, many folk (including me) use the open source imagemagick 'convert' tool, and set the dpi using the -density argument, i.e. from a UNIX terminal

> convert -density 1000 NCL_plot.ps NCL_plot.tiff

Will