Different contour plots produced with MATLAB and NCL v6.0.0 using the same dataset and natural neighbor interpolation

From: Ekin Akoglu <ekin_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Wed Jan 02 2013 - 05:48:03 MST

Dear all,

I am using the same data set to produce contour plots with MATLAB and NCL.
The resulting plots show significant differences. I used "natgrid" for
gridding data in NCL, which uses natural neighbor interpolation. MATLAB
plot was also produced with the very same natural neighbor interpolation
method. However, somehow, there are significant differences which I could
not understand why. I would be glad if you have any suggestions. The two
plots and the NCL code are attached to this e-mail.

Regards,

--
Ekin Akoglu
Institute of Marine Sciences