Wind Barbs on XY Plot

From: Clark, Brandi Lynn <brandi.clark_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Wed Jan 09 2013 - 14:13:38 MST

I'm trying to create a series of XY plots showing wind speed and direction like that found on the National Weather Service site:

http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.php?lat=32.78014&lon=-96.80045109999998&unit=0&lg=english&FcstType=graphical

I have a data file prepared with columns representing the x,y,u, and v values for the wind barbs, but wmbarb is keeps giving me the following error:

fatal:Argument type mismatch on argument (1) of (wmbarb) can not coerce
fatal:Execute: Error occurred at or near line 39 in file Dal_Wind_Jan2007.ncl

If I type out the values into arrays for each variable manually, they plot just fine. I'm making a mistake somewhere in reading in the data from the file. I have attached the ncl and data files. Any help would be appreciated.

Brandi Clark