Re: dynamic memory allocation error after turning on res1@cnFillMode = "RasterFill"

From: David Brown <dbrown_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Wed Jan 16 2013 - 14:10:08 MST

The number of levels does not affect the size of the memory footprint or the speed of processing when you use raster fill.
You still not given much information about the size of the data you are trying to process. I do notice in your script that there are a number of variables you create that you never remove even though they are not used in the remainder of the script. If the variables are large that could be causing you to run out of memory. You could experiment with directly creating a png file and see if that works.

Otherwise, it is hard to make a guess what your problem is. If you want to send us enough data to run the script, we could take a further look.
 -dave