Re: Multiple polygons on panel plots (lat,lon)

From: Mary Haley <haley_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Tue Jan 15 2013 - 08:25:36 MST

On Jan 15, 2013, at 4:10 AM, Ahmad Farsyud wrote:

> Hallo,
>
> Anybody can tell me how can I handle this error:
>
> fatal:Number of elements of dimension (0) of argument (0) is (2) in function (NhlAddPrimitive), expected (1) elements
> fatal:Execute: Error occurred at or near line 4147 in file $NCARG_ROOT/lib/ncarg/nclscripts/csm/gsn_code.ncl
> fatal:Execute: Error occurred at or near line 4412 in file $NCARG_ROOT/lib/ncarg/nclscripts/csm/gsn_code.ncl
>
> the error start at this lines:
>
> do i = 0 , 3
> dum(i)=gsn_add_polyline(wks,plot,xpts(i:i+1),ypts(i:i+1),resp)
> end do
>
> I need to plot all ploygons on each of my map in the panel plots. Once I change the plot
> to be plot(0) or plot(1), I did not get any error anymore but the polygons only appear in one map.
> That's not my goal.
>
> Thanks for any help.
> A. Farsyud

Hi,

You can only attach lines to one plot object at a time, so that's why plot(0) works and not plot. But, I can see why it would be useful to be able to pass an array of plots, so I'll add this to our list of things to do.

Meanwhile, you will need to make "dum" big to be (# of plots) x 4:

nplots = dimsizes(plots)
dum = new(nplots*4,graphic)

do i = 0 , 3
    do n=0,nplots-1
     dum((i*4)+n)=gsn_add_polyline(wks,plot(n),xpts(i:i+1),ypts(i:i+1),resp)
    end do
 end do