Re: Band Pass filter to dataset with topographic masking

From: Dennis Shea <shea_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Fri Jan 25 2013 - 15:02:11 MST

I answered this before (Jan 12, 2013).
I am not sure what more I can say.

For each grid point, the time series is operated upon
by (say) a FFT or, optionally, a weighted running average.

If the time series of values contains one or more missing values,
a band pass filter can not be performed.

As noted before, if you want values at grid points where u850
is _FillValue, you must provide them.

If you are applying "band_pass_latlon_time" I think it provide a warning
message that grid points have time series with missing values.
I thing it still does the computations at al grid points where
there are valid time series.

Good luck