Re: ncl 6.1.1

From: Karin Meier-Fleischer <meier-fleischer_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Wed Feb 06 2013 - 09:33:21 MST

Dear Mary,

it is not a PNG problem alone. I'm getting the same error message
plotting an
simple map with plottype X11 (working on OpenSuse 11.4).

NCL/DKRZ_workshop> ncl simple_map_contour_fill.ncl
  Copyright (C) 1995-2013 - All Rights Reserved
  NCAR Command Language Version 6.1.1
  The use of this software is governed by a License Agreement.
  See http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/ for more details.
fatal:_NhlUseWorkspace: Allocation of workspace would exceed maximum
total size
fatal:ContourPlotDraw: error reserving label area map workspace
fatal:ContourPlotDraw: Error reserving workspace
fatal:ContourPlotDraw: draw error
warning:WorkstationDeactivate: workstation not active or not opened

The script:

load "$NCARG_ROOT/lib/ncarg/nclex/gsun/gsn_code.ncl"
load "$NCARG_ROOT/lib/ncarg/nclex/gsun/gsn_csm.ncl"

begin
    data = "./ECHAM5_OM_A1B_2001_0101-1001_2D.nc"
    variable = "tsurf"
    f = addfile(data,"r")
    var = f->$variable$(0,:,:)

    wks = gsn_open_wks("X11","plot_contour_ECHAM5")

    res = True
    res@gsnMaximize = True
    res@cnFillOn = True
    res@tiMainString = "Plot type: contour fill"