Re: Colorize markers from gsn_polymarker() with colormap

From: Mary Haley <haley_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Tue Feb 05 2013 - 10:20:32 MST

Hi Akio,

What you described sounds to me like you are "binning" data.

That is, you want to collect all the markers that are equal to
say, value 150, and color them blue, and then
collect all the markers > 150 and < 250 and color them
yellow, and finally color all markers at value 250 yellow.

Deniz Bozkurt sent you an example that does this, which is based on the
"binning" example station_2.ncl, but his creates a color bar. Hopefully this
is what you need. (Thanks Deniz.)

I'll add an example of using markers with a color bar.

--Mary