NCL Version 6.1.2 now available - download this if you have V6.1.1

From: Mary Haley <haley_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Thu Feb 07 2013 - 09:25:24 MST

We have released NCL Version 6.1.2, which is a bug fix release for Version 6.1.1.

   http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/current_release.shtml

V6.1.1 has been retracted from the ESG download page, and we recommend
downloading V6.1.2 to replace V6.1.1. To download V6.1.2, visit:

   http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Download/

As discussed yesterday, V6.1.1 had a bug that would cause many NCL
contour scripts to fail if you set the "wsMaximumSize" resource to a
"small" value, either in your .hluresfile or in an NCL script.

For example, if you have something like the following in your ~/.hluresfile:

*wsMaximumSize: 32556688

then you would potentially get a bunch of fatal errors:

  fatal:_NhlUseWorkspace: Allocation of workspace would exceed maximum total size
  fatal:ContourPlotDraw: error reserving label area map workspace
  fatal:ContourPlotDraw: Error reserving workspace
  fatal:ContourPlotDraw: draw error
  warning:WorkstationDeactivate: workstation not active or not opened

Possible work-arounds include (1) upgrading to Version 6.1.2, (2) removing the
setting of this resource (if you don't need it), or (3) increasing it to a
larger value, like 100000000.

If you have any questions or concerns about this release, please email
them to ncl-talk@ucar.edu. For installation questions, send email to
ncl-install@ucar.edu.

--Mary Haley, on behalf of the NCL team