Re: nearest land point

From: Dave Allured - NOAA Affiliate <dave.allured_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Mon Feb 25 2013 - 12:53:04 MST

Chris,

Either getind_latlon2d or gc_latlon can probably be applied for this.
Did you try either? You may also be able to use the NCL landsea_mask
function to confine the search to land points only.

You said "nearest co-ordinate in ncl space", and I'm not sure what
this means. Are you trying to locate your obs points within the
coordinates of a gridded data set? If so, does that data set have 1-D
or 2-D lat/lon coordinates? Please clarify your use case.

--Dave
Please reply to list only!