Re: usage of absolute (abs) function

From: Adam Phillips <asphilli_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Mon Mar 11 2013 - 11:13:19 MDT

Hi Madhura,
It sounds to me like fabs is not liking what you are passing it, which
is weird as fabs accepts all types of arrays. What happens if you were
to take the fabs call out of the if statement?
print(fabs(tvmax(i,ilat,ilon)))

(Note: According to the documentation fabs should be used in place of
abs due to the fact that fabs accepts arrays of all types.)

Finally, what version of NCL are you running? Please respond to ncl-talk
so others besides myself can assist.. Adam