Re: Plotting vertical profiles from model output and radio sondes on the same plot

From: Mary Haley <haley_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Wed Mar 20 2013 - 10:00:21 MDT

Basit,

See the attached plot and let me know if this will work for you. Note that just for "fun", I reversed the Y axis of the first plot. You may not want this, so just remove the "trYReverse" lines.

I basically created two individual contour plots, and then "added"' the line contour plot to the filled contour plot using gsn_add_annotation.
Doing it this way allows me to retain the Y axis titles and labels.

I believe if you try to use "overlay", then the Y axis titles and labels will be removed from the second plot.

--Mary