Re: regrid method from Wrf data with xy_coordinate in Cartesian system (units: meter) to Earth coordinate system (lat, lon)?

From: Mary Haley <haley_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Tue Apr 23 2013 - 12:23:48 MDT

Jingmin,

The ESMF regrid example should work in your case, since it looks like you have the 2D lat/lon arrays on your file.

Maybe instead of looking at the actual ESMF examples, you can try one of the ESMF templates.

I assume you want to regrid to a rectilinear grid, so see the "ESMF_WRF_to_rect.ncl" script at:

http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/Templates/

This particular script reads in XLAT and XLONG from a WRF file, but it looks like they are called "lat" and "lon" in your file, so you will need to change that.
Also, this script uses wrf_user_getvar to read the variable, which you probably don't need.

;---Get variable to regrid, and 2D lat/lon arrays
    v = f->v
    src_lat = f->lat
    src_lon = f->lon

These two lines are what set the output rectilinear grid, which you'll need to modify as desired:

;---Create the destination lat/lon rectilinear grid
    dst_lat = fspan( 53.2420, 85.4022,nlat) ;;---Change (likely)
    dst_lon = fspan(135.7750,258.1880,nlon) ;;---Change (likely)

--Mary