Re: help for overly xy-plot and contour-plot using NCL

From: Will Hobbs <Will.Hobbs_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Wed May 01 2013 - 17:13:03 MDT

Sha

Polylines are not the way to go for what you want to do.

There are a number of ways of plotting what you want, all of which are shown in the 'contour-on-contour' example page; if you haven't looked at this then I strongly urge you to.

http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/conOncon.shtml

The overlay method should work, but without seeing your script it's impossible to see what the problem is. If you haven't already done so, take a look at the example page, if you're still having problems then attach or cut and paste a relatively clean version of your script (commenting is always appreciated).

Will