Correlation Question

From: Nkese Mc Shine <Nkese.McShine_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Tue Apr 30 2013 - 08:11:00 MDT

Dear All,

I would like to make a month to month correlation. I would like to correlate 1 month of sst(lat,lon,time) with 1 month of precipitation which actually is 1 value. Is it possible? Attached is my script and below is the output. Please let me know, what I can do if it is possible.

Variable: sst_anom
Type: float
Total Size: 105408000 bytes
            26352000 values
Number of Dimensions: 3
Dimensions and sizes: [lat | 100] x [lon | 360] x [time | 732]
Coordinates:
            lat: [49.5..-49.5]
            lon: [-179.5..179.5]
            time: [194601..200612]
Number Of Attributes: 12
  anomaly_op_ncl : Annual Cycle Removed:function rmMonAnnCycLLT:contributed.ncl
  description : HadISST 1.1 monthly average sea surface temperature
  actual_range : ( -1.8, 34.76296 )
  missing_value : -1e+30
  _FillValue : -1e+30
  scale_factor : 1
  cell_methods : time: lat: lon: mean
  add_offset : 0
  units : degC
  standard_name : sea_surface_temperature
  long_name : Monthly 1 degree resolution SST
  reference : function rmMonAnnCycLLT in contrib.ncl
(0)
(0) Monthly 1 degree resolution SST: min=-8.70077 max=6.98223

Variable: sst_anom_jan
Type: float
Total Size: 144000 bytes
            36000 values
Number of Dimensions: 3
Dimensions and sizes: [lat | 100] x [lon | 360] x [time | 1]
Coordinates:
            lat: [49.5..-49.5]
            lon: [-179.5..179.5]
            time: [199301..199301]
Number Of Attributes: 12
  reference : function rmMonAnnCycLLT in contrib.ncl
  long_name : Monthly 1 degree resolution SST
  standard_name : sea_surface_temperature
  units : degC
  add_offset : 0
  cell_methods : time: lat: lon: mean
  scale_factor : 1
  _FillValue : -1e+30
  missing_value : -1e+30
  actual_range : ( -1.8, 34.76296 )
  description : HadISST 1.1 monthly average sea surface temperature
  anomaly_op_ncl : Annual Cycle Removed:function rmMonAnnCycLLT:contributed.ncl
(0)
(0) Monthly 1 degree resolution SST: min=-2.4631 max=2.59599

Variable: precipanom_data_ts
Type: float
Total Size: 2928 bytes
            732 values
Number of Dimensions: 1
Dimensions and sizes: [time | 732]
Coordinates:
            time: [194601..200612]
Number Of Attributes: 1
  _FillValue : 9.96921e+36
(0)
(0) min=-1.73324 max=3.01711

Variable: precipJJA1993
Type: float
Total Size: 4 bytes
            1 values
Number of Dimensions: 1
Dimensions and sizes: [time | 1]
Coordinates:
            time: [199307..199307]
Number Of Attributes: 2
  _FillValue : 9.96921e+36
  NMO : 6
(0)
(0) min=0.267831 max=0.267831
warning:escorc: Non-fatal conditions encountered in series or xstd equals zero.
Possibly, all values of a series are constant.

warning:escorc: Most likely, one or more series consisted of all constant values

Variable: corr
Type: float
Total Size: 144000 bytes
            36000 values
Number of Dimensions: 2
Dimensions and sizes: [100] x [360]
Coordinates:
Number Of Attributes: 1
  _FillValue : -1e+30
(0)
(0) min=-1e+30 max=-1e+30

Regards,
Nkese.

CONFIDENTIALITY: This email (including any attachments) may contain confidential, proprietary and/or privileged information. Any duplication, copying, distribution, dissemination, transmission, disclosure or use in any manner of this email (including any attachments) without the authorisation of the sender is strictly prohibited. If you receive this email (including any attachments) in error, please notify the sender and delete this email (including any attachments) from your system. Thank you.