Re: Interrupted Streamlines

From: Mary Haley <haley_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Mon May 13 2013 - 21:38:58 MDT

Yang,

Without your data, I'm not sure what's going on.

It helps if you can break down the script a bit. For example, instead of doing a pressure/height/streamline plot, try just a streamline plot.

Even better, try a curly vector plot and let us know if you see the same problem:

 vcres = True
; vcres@vcRefLengthF = 0.008
 vcres@vcGlyphStyle = "CurlyVector"
 plot = gsn_csm_vector(wks,aveu,avew,vcres)

You may need to play with the vcRefLengthF value to get a good length for the vectors.

--Mary