Re: Read support for KML and other OGR

From: Dave Allured - NOAA Affiliate <dave.allured_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Fri May 24 2013 - 17:15:51 MDT

Rick,

Since the OGR library presents a single API for all supported vector
formats, I naively assumed that the data model might be standardized.
It would be very helpful if the current NCL data model for shapefiles
(geometry, segments, x, y, feature metadata) could be extended for
these other formats. This would allow some really easy
interoperability for the various OGR vector formats, from the user
point of view.

Currently I have some KML files that I would like to just plug in in
place of shape files, in some existing programs.

--Dave