really big wind barbs

From: Glen Romine <romine_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Thu May 23 2013 - 13:38:20 MDT

I'm overlaying wind barbs on contours, and occasionally, so far only
when there are pennants (although most plots with pennants don't do
this), I see the size of the drawn wind barbs get very large. It is
repeatable for the same input field of winds for versions 6.1.0, 6.1.2,
and 6.2.0 at least. I only started seeing this behavior after setting
vcWindBarbScaleFactorF away from the default value, and again, most of
the time it plots wind barbs as expected. I've attached an example of
the big wind barbs. Maybe there is another resource I need to set to
control this behavior? Thanks! Glen