Re: wkSpaceTime.ncl

From: Mary Haley <haley_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Thu May 16 2013 - 17:37:18 MDT

If you go to the documentation for wkSpaceTime:

http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Document/Functions/Diagnostics/wkSpaceTime.shtml

You will see in the "Protype" section that you need to load these scripts:

load "$NCARG_ROOT/lib/ncarg/nclscripts/csm/gsn_code.ncl"
load "$NCARG_ROOT/lib/ncarg/nclscripts/csm/gsn_csm.ncl"
load "$NCARG_ROOT/lib/ncarg/nclscripts/csm/contributed.ncl"
load "$NCARG_ROOT/lib/ncarg/nclscripts/csm/diagnostics_cam.ncl"

The "diagnostics_cam.ncl" script is the one that actually contains this procedure, and it depends on the three scripts before it.

This procedure is quite complex, but it appears to have an undocumented attribute that you can set to have the results written to a NetCDF file:

  opt@netCDF = True

The file will be called something like "SpaceTime."+varName+".nc" where "varName" is the fourth argument to this procedure. "opt" is the last argument.

--Mary