Re: ncarg not set correctly in ncl_ncarg-6.1.0.Linux_Debian install

From: Jeremy Winick <winickjr_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Thu Jun 06 2013 - 00:00:49 MDT

That suggestion didn't work, but I think I know the problem. In the
directory /usr/lib where all of the non ncar libraries appear to reside,
there are links of the sort, libXext.so.6 -> libXext.so.6.4.0, but the
gfortran statement seems to need a link (for this case)
libXext.so -> libXext.so.6.4.0 (the actual file). Wasn't the creating
these links was supposed to have been done by ldconfig? Why on this
system is it only for point version to the "multi-point" version.
Obviously I am not an expert on these things, and it really isn't an
ncar or ncl problem either. But unless my system is messed up, this must
have been encountered before.

Jeremy
,

“What is wanted is not the will to believe,
but the wish to find out, which is its exact opposite”
  ... Bertrand Russell