Re: Memory constraints?

From: Dennis Shea <shea_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Tue Jun 04 2013 - 17:16:33 MDT

Even a 32-bit version of NCL can handle 1.79GB variables.

How much memory is available on the machine you are using?
  dimx = 449l ; l means 64 bit signed integers
  dimy = 399l
  ens_size = 50l
  dimz = 50l
  vsize = dimx*dimy*dimz*ens_size ; variable size
  bytes = 4*vsize ; bytes per variable
  tsize = 3*bytes ; total size (3 variable)

print("vsize="+vsize) ; 447,877,500
print("bytes="+bytes) ; 1,791,510,000
print("tsize="+tsize) ; 5,374,530,000