Re: gsn_polymarker problem

From: Adam Phillips <asphilli_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Tue Jun 11 2013 - 09:40:53 MDT

Hi Xin,
I believe you have to use gsn_add_polymarker if you are using gsn_panel.
You can create all the polymarkers for a single plot in a single call.
See any of the examples at the bottom here:
http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Document/Graphics/Interfaces/gsn_add_polymarker.shtml
That way if you are paneling 6 figures, your graphic object size for the
polymarkers could be of size 6.

If you cannot create all the polymarkers for a plot at once, then you
have two choices:
1) Set the graphic element size to a number larger than the possible
number of points. If you do not use all of them that is OK.
2) Count up the number of significant points using num, and then set the
graphic size to that:
npts = num(arr.ge..95)
dum1 = new(npts, graphic)

Hope that helps. If you have further questions please respond to ncl-talk.
Adam