Re: overlay pressure/height plot with shaded contours

From: Adam Phillips <asphilli_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Thu Jun 20 2013 - 15:18:32 MDT

Hi Lena,
Try changing this:
  opt = True
  opt@gsnShadeFillType = "pattern"
  opt@gsnShadeMid = 17
  plot2 = gsn_contour_shade(plot2,95.,95.,opt)

to this:

  opt = True
  opt@gsnShadeFillType = "pattern"
  opt@gsnShadeHigh = 17
  plot2 = gsn_contour_shade(plot2,-999.,95.,opt)

As you want all areas greater than or equal to 95 to be shaded with fill
pattern 17, you should be setting gsnShadeHigh, and not gsnShadeMid. The
rest of your script looks good to me. If that fix doesn't work please
respond to ncl-talk.
Adam