Re: difference between NCEP data and regridded data

From: Mary Haley <haley_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Mon Jun 24 2013 - 08:46:10 MDT

Lena,

There's not enough information here. By just looking at your script we can't tell what the issue is with your data. You didn't say what the Delta min/max values were equal to, or include a picture. It would help if you could provide the actual data files themselves.

I assume you are expecting l_ave and l2_ave to be close in value? You have:

   l_ave = dim_avg_n_Wrap(newgrid(:,::-1,:),0)
   printVarSummary(l_ave)

and

   l2_ave = dim_avg_n_Wrap(l2_mmd(361:720,:,:),0)
   printVarSummary(l2_ave)

but I don't know what "361:720" refers to with regard to your time array. It's better to use actual coordinate values, rather than index values, if you have a time coordinate array.

--Mary