Re: Can I specify bounds for a plot generated via gsn_csm_contour_map

From: Mary Haley <haley_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Sun Jun 23 2013 - 15:19:32 MDT

Minor correction: gsn_csm_contour_map doesn't care what mpLimitMode you use, but you have to be sure to set the other map resources that are normally required, depending on what you set mpLimitMode to.

Most of our examples do indeed use either "Corners" or "LatLon", but you should be able to use other limits like "Angles".

See example "lb_12.ncl" at:

http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/labelbar.shtml

which uses "Angles". In this example, you additionally have to set the other "Angle" resources:

  res@mpBottomAngleF = 40.
  res@mpLeftAngleF = 40.
  res@mpRightAngleF = 40.
  res@mpTopAngleF = 40.