Spectral amplitude as a function of latitude and frequency

From: Parish, Helen <hparish_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Fri Jun 28 2013 - 03:43:18 MDT

I am trying to plot a contour of the amplitude of a spectrum (of e.g.temperature) as a function of latitude and frequency (for fixed altitude and longitude).

I have used the function "specx_anal" prevously to give a simple x-y plot of magnitude versus frequency. (The magnitude and frequency are given as arrays which are attributes of specx_anal).

Does anyone know how to get this to plot as a contour of magnitude versus frequency and latitude ?. I could not see any examples which create this kind of plot. I suppose what I need to plot is spec@spcx(latitude,spec@frq), but I am not sure how to configure the values into this form.

I am wondering if anyone has any suggestions on how to do this, and whether specx_anal is the best function to use for this application, or whether there is a better way to make such a plot ?.

Thank you.
Helen.