Calculation from a point to a grid node

From: Ioannis Koletsis <koletsis_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Tue Jul 09 2013 - 08:24:47 MDT

Dear NCL users,

I calculated successfully the wind power potential (script line 231) for a
grid point (script line 76), for a time period..

The calculation seems to be easy because only 1-D variables have been used.

However, when I tried to calculate the same for a grid node (e.g. area of
Medi region, script line 60-63) the procedure has been failed..

The ws2 variable as well as ws1 is a 4-d variable. On the other hand, the
wspdf variable is 1-d..

I think that the error is in 1-d variable definition of pdfx.. May be a
solution would be to convert this variable from 1-d to 3-d (value, rlat,
rlon), or 4-d similar to ws1,ws2, but reading this
http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Document/Manuals/Ref_Manual/NclVariables.shtml, I
couldn't find any solution..

Furtermore, I tried to define a new variable in order to print out the
windpop for each grid point (script line 233-259), but the effort has been
also failed.

Does anyone know how to calculate the winpop for all the grid points of my
area (script line 60-63) and write out in a txt form, with lat ,lon , value
winpop format, for each grid point?

The script has been attached..

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance