how to print string

From: 朱学明 <zhuxueming557_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Wed Jul 17 2013 - 08:44:35 MDT

Hi Mary,
    Because I can not post to ncl-talk mail list, I just send my question to you directly. Hopfully you can understand. I really don't know how to fix it. It is very strange for me.

    My question is how can I print out the values of stings only, without a summary of the variable's information?
    Thanks.

--
Xueming Zhu 朱学明
Key Laboratory of Research on Marine Hazards Forecasting(LoMF),SOA