Re: using "getvalues" on a panel plot

From: Mary Haley <haley_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Wed Jul 31 2013 - 14:03:52 MDT

Hi Andrea,

I realized that my previous answer to another paneling question might help here.

Instead of using gsn_panel, you can use gsn_panel_return. This is a function that is identical to gsn_panel, except it returns all the plot ids with the new resized values.

I think your code might look like this:

pids = gsn_panel_return(wks, plot, (/2,2,2/), panel_res)

and then to retrieve the top left corner of the top-left plot, you can try:

   getvalues pids(0)
     "vpXF" : vpx
      "vpYF": vpy
   end get values

However, I think I can come up with a better example for you. Would you be able to share your code and data, and I'll create an example?

You can use our ftp, and you can send the information to just me if you don't want to post it to ncl-talk:

http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/report_bug.shtml#HowToFTP

Thanks,

--Mary