Re: String Color Right in gsn_csm_pres_hgt

From: Mary Haley <haley_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Tue Jul 30 2013 - 13:32:19 MDT

Thanks. I have fixed this for the next release.

The fix is pretty much what you did, except I retrieved the font color in this block of code in gsn_csm.ncl:

    if(add_hgt.and.add_hgt_label)
      rightaxis_string = create "right_axis" textItemClass wks
        "txString" : "Height (km)"
        "txFontHeightF" : yaxis_font_height
        "txFontColor" : yaxis_font_color
        "txAngleF" : 90.
      end create

and then used "yaxis_font_color" to set the color:

      rightaxis_string = create "right_axis" textItemClass wks
        "txString" : "Height (km)"
        "txFontHeightF" : yaxis_font_height
        "txFontColor" : yaxis_font_color
        "txAngleF" : 90.
      end create

We have a enhancement request ticket (NCL-136) to make the labeling of both sides of the axes easier.

--Mary