NCL and swath data?

From: <lsmith_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Fri Jul 26 2013 - 12:53:14 MDT

Hi gang,
I thought I'd see if some of you smart people have dealt with this
issue. I have some lovely satellite data that comes in swaths.
It is dimensioned along_track and cross_track and the
latitude and longitude arrays are also dimensioned along_track and
cross_track. How do I use fabulous NCL functions that assume data is
dimensioned latitude and longitude and where both of these are 1-d arrays?
Running bin_avg on it (after onedtond) works great...except I lose too
much resolution. :(
Suggestions?
Thanks a bunch!
-Lesley