Re: Interpolation of climate model data

From: Mary Haley <haley_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Fri Aug 16 2013 - 12:31:03 MDT

Hi Martson,

I agree, this is confusing, and I always have to stop and think about it.

For both functions, this option should only be set to True if you have global data, but your longitude values don't go completely from -180 to 180 or 0 to 360.

For example, maybe they go from -178.5 to 178.5, or 0.5 to 359.5. That's when you need to set fiCyclicX to True.

If you have regional data, or if your longitude values wrap completely around the globe, set this to False.

What happens internally when you set this option to True is that an extra point is created in the longitude direction so there's no gap.

--Mary