Re: How to set AnnoArrow a color

From: Mary Haley <haley_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Wed Sep 04 2013 - 09:12:03 MDT

You need to set:

res@vcMonoLineArrowColor = False ;

Make sure you have the 'res@' part. Is that what you did?

If you continue to have problems, it would help if I could see your script, and even better if I can have your data too.

But, please try to debug this problem first before just sending it to me. The res@vcMonoLineArrowColor = False should work.

Another thing you can consider is not using gsn_csm_vector_scalar_map_ce. It may be easier to create a vector plot using gsn_csm_vector, a contour plot using gsn_csm_contour, a map using gsn_csm_map, and then overlay all three of them with the "overlay" procedure. It might look like this:

   vcres = True
   cnres = True
   mpres = True
    . . .
   vcres@vcMonoLineArrowColor = False
   . . . set other vector resources if desired . . .
   . . . set contour resources if desired . . .
   . . . set map resources if desired . . .

   vector = gsn_csm_vector(wks,u,v,vcres)
   contour = gsn_csm_contour(wks,x,cnres)
   map = gsn_csm_map(wks,mpres)

   overlay(map,contour)
   overlay(map,vector)
   draw(map)
   frame(wks)

This would also work, depending on what order you want things to be drawn on the map:

   overlay(map,vector)
   overlay(map,contour)
   draw(map)
   frame(wks)