Re: wrf global plot problem with gWRF_merc.ncl

From: Mary Haley <haley_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Sun Sep 15 2013 - 20:26:48 MDT

Hi Eddy,

I don't know what the "gWRF_merc.ncl" file is.

The wrf_Cloud.ncl and other scripts on that page depend on WRF ARW output files in order to work properly, and especially to have the correct map projection information.

Did you look at your WRF ARW output file with "ncdump -c" or "ncl_filedump" to make sure it has valid map projection information via the file's global attributes?

A typical WRF-ARW should have these kind of file attributes:

  . . .
      DX : 0.02
      DY : 0.02
      DT : 5
      CEN_LAT : 25
      CEN_LON : -75
      TRUELAT1 : 1e+20
      TRUELAT2 : 1e+20
      MOAD_CEN_LAT : 0
      STAND_LON : 1e+20
      MAP_PROJ : 203

Did you make any kind of modifications to the wrf_Cloud.ncl script?

If you are unable to solve the problem, it would help if you could provide the script and data via ftp. Please see:

http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/report_bug.shtml#HowToFTP

--Mary