Re: NCL plot header help?

From: Mary Haley <haley_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Wed Sep 18 2013 - 11:46:41 MDT

Hi Tes,

I'm not very familiar with how the wrf_xxx routines do their titling. I looked at the WRFUserARW.ncl file to see how these titles are handled, and it doesn't look like you can change them via resources settings.

However, you can copy WRFUserARW.ncl to your own directory:

  cp $NCARG_ROOT/lib/ncarg/nclscripts/wrf/WRFUserARW.ncl WRFUserARW_mine.ncl

and then edit this file to change "Valid:" and "Init:" as desired. Use a UNIX editor to search for these strings and make the changes as desired.

If you are more advanced with NCL, then I'd recommend removing everything from this file except the _SetMainTitle procedure, as this is the one that sets these titles.

Then, in your script:

load "./WRFUserARW_mine.ncl" ; or whatever you call it.

Let me know if you have any questions.

--Mary