Re: how remove latitude/longitude marks on map

From: Mary Haley <haley_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Mon Oct 14 2013 - 08:27:35 MDT

Hi Chao,

Setting:

  res@gsnTickMarksOn = False

will turn off all tick marks, labels, and the border. If this is not what you want, you can turn off individual items with various tmXXXXX resources:

To turn off both tickmarks and labels, but leave the border:

  res@tmXBOn = False
  res@tmYLOn = False
  res@tmXTOn = False
  res@tmYROn = False

To turn off just the labels, but leave the tickmarks and border:

  res@tmXBLabelsOn = False
  res@tmYLLabelsOn = False

Turning off just the tickmarks is not straightforward. Since tmXB/YL/XT/YROn turns off both labels and tickmarks, the only way to get just the tickmarks to go away is to set their length to 0:

  res@tmXBMajorLengthF = 0
  res@tmYLMajorLengthF = 0
  res@tmXBMinorLengthF = 0
  res@tmYLMinorLengthF = 0

If you want the special labels with the little degree symbols, then also set:

 res@pmTickMarkDisplayMode = "Always"

--Mary