Re: Systemfunc Not Working

From: Mary Haley <haley_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Fri Oct 18 2013 - 16:01:21 MDT

Hi,

I tried this using NCL V6.0.0 on my Mac, and it worked just fine:

% ncl
 Copyright (C) 1995-2011 - All Rights Reserved
 NCAR Command Language Version 6.0.0
 The use of this software is governed by a License Agreement.
 See http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/ for more details.
ncl 0> print(systemfunc("date"))
(0) Fri Oct 18 15:47:14 MDT 2013
ncl 1> quit

Maybe there's something in your shell environment that could be an issue. Do you have any environment variables set that are out of the ordinary?

I should also note that the version of NCL you have is over 2 years old. You may want to consider upgrading, although I don't know if this will fix your problem.

What kind of system is this on?

--Mary