cite the dimetion with special characters

From: ChenFeng <fengfengabc003_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Wed Nov 13 2013 - 10:24:58 MST

Hi,

1.Is there anybody knows how to cite the dimetion with special characters.
I have an WRF out file, in which there is an variable named LANDUSEF(Time,z-dimensions0024,south_north,west_east).
When I want to read in the variable by "landusef = fin->LANDUSEF(Time|:,z-dimensions0024|:,south_north|:,west_east|:)",
it reports error. And if i use "landusef = fin->LANDUSEF", it goes ok.
2.the other question is whether ncl can reduce the variable lenth in the nc file.
for example, there is a variable landusef in nc file, which is a 100x100 data. i want to change it to 100x50, and
write back into the file.

Thanks.

Feng