Re: Problems with filled EPS files in Illustrator

From: Kyle Griffin <ksgriffin2_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Thu Nov 14 2013 - 15:05:29 MST

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the suggestion, but Adam's suggestion does not do the trick for
me. The result of a simple 'convert subtrop_map_fill.eps
subtrop_map_fill_NEW.eps' is also in the directory from the original email.
While some ~60% of the original size, Illustrator still does not like the
image. My first hunch is that convert reduced the number of vertices on the
fill area of Eurasia, thus perhaps making the image viewable, but if that
is the problem, this convert did not do enough to remedy the issue.

Kyle

Kyle S. Griffin
Department of Atmospheric and Oceanic Sciences
University of Wisconsin - Madison
Room 1421
1225 W Dayton St, Madison, WI 53706
Email: ksgriffin2@wisc.edu