Re: New color tables in NCL

From: Carl Schreck <cjschrec_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Fri Nov 22 2013 - 06:57:26 MST

Hi Mary,

This is great! It's always wonderful to have more colors to play with. If
110 isn't enough, I've had great luck importing some of the color schemes
from http://colorbrewer2.org/ They tend to look nice, and they have some
more color-blind options. Attached are the ones I use most often.

     Carl

On Thu, Nov 21, 2013 at 12:32 PM, Mary Haley <haley@ucar.edu> wrote:

> Hi folks,
>
> I'm pleased to announce that the next version of NCL will contain 110+ new
> color tables. These tables are available for download now.
>
> To see a gallery of the color tables and/or to download them individually
> or as a giant tar file, see:
>
> http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Document/Graphics/color_table_gallery.shtml
>
> Most of these new tables were contributed by Nicolas Barrier of
> Laboratoire de Physique des Oceans and Melissa Bukovsky of NCAR.
> They gathered color tables from other software packages like Ncview, GMT,
> and matplotlib, and put them in readable form for NCL
>
> As always, the NCL team is grateful for these kind of contributions!
>
> --Mary

 <http://www.cicsnc.org/>
Follow CICS-NC on Facebook <http://www.facebook.com/cicsnc>
*Carl J. Schreck III, PhD*