irregular values from fspan

From: Bormann, Kathryn J (3246-Affiliate) <Kathryn.J.Bormann_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Tue Nov 26 2013 - 12:25:07 MST

Hi ncl-ers,

I am using fspan to generate evenly spaced grid positions in a vector, however I am receiving an irregular output spacing. There appears to be some kind of truncation to integer even though the output variable is marked as 'float'. The code snippet is below, where the 'seq' variable should be regularly spaced but instead has spacings of 1,2,2,1,1,2. I am expecting a spacing of 1.5.

I use this command all the time and I'm sure this is something simple, does anyone have any ideas?

y1 = 4229667.
y2 = 4179327.
printVarSummary(y1)

Variable: y1
Type: float
Total Size: 4 bytes
            1 values
Number of Dimensions: 1
Dimensions and sizes: [1]
Coordinates:
ncl 25> printVarSummary(y2)

Variable: y2
Type: float
Total Size: 4 bytes
            1 values
Number of Dimensions: 1
Dimensions and sizes: [1]
Coordinates:
n = 33560
seq = fspan( y1, y2, n)
print(seq(0:6)) ;print test of sequence from fspan

Variable: seq (subsection)
Type: float
Total Size: 28 bytes
            7 values